Friday, December 10, 2010

It's a Cinderella Story

It hasn’t even been a full week since we’ve seen each other last.  Last Friday night was magical in a way that I can’t explain.  If there was an ounce of doubt last Friday that we wouldn’t be able to spend time together today, I would have kidnapped you and headed south.  Saying it’s been a tough week is an understatement. 

Driving home from work isn’t even the same and music from the radio doesn’t help any.  Once home, I find myself in a trance looking for something…..lost if you will.  It just seems that we should be together at night.  The past eight months that were together is what classic romance novels are based on. 

The fact that you’re considered an odd goose to some doesn’t bother me at all.  Your kind, yet stubborn personality is just as attractive as your looks.  Purpose built for loving, that’s the best way I can describe you.  Facts are you are only a few months older than I in physical age……how can one make an issue of that? 

Sure, there have been others and you can say the same.  Occasionally I need to remind myself why we both chose each other, and believe me it doesn’t take long.  Your simple, yet elegant features compare to no other I’ve been with.  When I decide to overlook you for a moment, you never complain.  You’ve never said “no” to me at any time.  When something goes amuck, we always get through it together.  Never have you just left me alone without a glimmer of hope that all will be fine.  Your charity work helping me bring good will to others is a plus; it shows you care about me and my family and friends.  Speaking of my family, my father smiles every time he sees you and my nephews all tell their friends how great you are.

Just hope that you can find it in your heart to stay with me forever.  Sure, we’ll have some tough times but we can get through anything together…..right?  There’s a good chance that you’ll out live me and really, why wouldn’t you?  Well, when I rub your side or hold you close just remember how much you mean to me.

Is what we have for each other love?  In it’s purist form.

So in closing, sit tight this winter and know that I will be thinking of you every day until we meet again.  I’ve provided a warm place for you with several friends that you can relate to all around you. 

You’re my Dirty Bird and I’d have it no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment