Friday, June 18, 2010

Frustration 101




It’s been over three years since I moved into my current residence.  A two bedroom apartment with a one car or seven motorcycle garage attached.  The garage has been my workshop for the past three years.  I’ve accumulated bikes and a ton of parts over this time period.  It’s a complete mess now.  There’s a truck load (actually the back of Bronson’s Trailblazer from the front seats to the back…..floor to roof) of Yamaha 500 thumper parts, the three frames hanging on the wall, cabinets that laying on the floor that need to be hung and a rolling cart stacked with everything.  There’s a great bench with a stainless steel top in the garage and of course it’s stacked with crap.  I’ve always had this dream of being able to set a rack of carbs on it and totally rebuild them in a clean, safe environment.  It hasn’t happened….at all and it’s really starting to piss me off. 

So what’s needed to organize the garage?  A sheet of plywood and some 2 X 4’s……that’s all.  What has stopped me from buying said wood?  It’s the fact that I can’t hop on a bike and go get it.  Jumping in the Blue Bomber on a warm, sunny day seems like a huge sin.  It’s not right no matter how you look at it.  My poor car just sits outside 365 days a year and only gets a few thousand miles on it…..most of those in the winter.  It should go to a good home, but my paranoia of someone buying it and “donking” it out freaks the fuck out of me.  Figured we were meant to be since I saved it from being crushed seven or eight years ago.   

So I’m going to collect all my super human focus tomorrow morning.  Drive down to the lumber supply shack and pick up a couple of 2 X 4’s and a sheet of plywood.  Get some shelves made and hang those cabinets.  Once that’s done, all those Yamaha thumper parts can be stored and the garage will start to take shape again. 

Hell, there’s not even a radio in my garage.  What a huge disappointment I must be to the founding fathers of motorcycle tinkerers.    

1 comment:

  1. ****UPDATE****

    Nothing got done this weekend....nothing. Did catch the short track races at Aztalan though.....what a blast!

    ReplyDelete