Friday, May 14, 2010

The Old Folks Home Is Outta Beds.............


During these economic times you’d think Weird Tim’s Vintage Motorcycle Emporium would be in a no bike buying holding pattern and not taking anymore bikes in.  Wrong.  For some reason I just can’t say “no” to an old bike.  I’m always in the process of figuring out how to pay for the next one or how I’m going to fit another one in the garage.  Do I take one I don’t ride a lot and put it in the house?  Right now it’s bad……real bad.  My one car garage and two bedroom apartment is like an orphanage for old bikes that deserved better.  Right now for most of them, all I’m giving them is “intentions”.    

Fuck.

Some say when I spend more on bikes, than food and clothing every year.....my priorities are mixed up.  Like most of the population could come close to understanding anything besides American Idol, SUV's and the egotistical need to document every bowl movement on MyFace.

After the Ironhead get’s home……no more.  No more until the bike lift in the dining room is empty.  No more until the KZ1000A2A looks like a late 70’s superbike.  No more until the BSA runs well and looks awesome.  No more until the SR has a Jemco pipe and the wheels detailed.  NO MORE.

Unless…..it’s a deal….then maybe my parents will let me stash a couple in their garage.

- WT

No comments:

Post a Comment